Thursday, 30 November 2006

Electioneering on the Rates

Martin Salter once again trying to use the council as his private piggy bank with a need attempt to stuff the panel. Why not rent out a cinema and show it yourself instead of getting Reading council taxpayers to pay for your propaganda you bloody cheapskate? And you are not a government spokesman.


From: MORGAN, Ann [mailto:MORGANA@parliament.uk]
Sent: 24 November 2006 15:58

To: Chris Smith
Cc: David Sutton; Steve Waite

Subject: An Inconvenient Truth

Dear Chris,

Further to our phone conversation I am writing to ask if it would be possible for the council to organise a screening of Al Gore's film "An Inconvenient Truth" in order to stimulate a debate on climate change. I attach an email I received from Adrian Foster-Fletcher of Berkshire Friends of the Earth who has offered to chair a debate following the screening of the film.

As you know I attended a similar event at the Corn Exchange in Newbury and I believe that such an event in Reading would contribute to the council's declared environmental objectives as signatures to the Nottingham declaration. Perhaps Adrian could chair the discussion with contributions from the three political parties' environmental spokespeople on the council and from myself for a government perspective?

I would be grateful if you could come back to me with your thoughts.

Regards,

Martin

Sent by Ann Morgan
On behalf of Martin Salter MP

0118 954 6782

No comments: