Wednesday, 13 May 2009

31 South Street

Comedian Michael McIntyre played a small gig at South Street yesterday as part of a tour of small venues to work up material for an Autumn arena tour and I have to say I am a big fan of his despite his dubious football allegiances.

Without giving too much away in case you have tickets for Wembley, I'd like to apologise for ruining what might have been a promising new gag. The premise was: "What's the point of the Lib Dems? The rosé of British politics. They always come third."

That was until one cheeky member of the audience piped up: "Er, I'm a Lib Dem and I won." Sorry folks, I couldn't help myself correcting the Spurs fan's elementary error, especially as he was performing in my manor, so to speak.

I think I got off lightly for wrecking wherever he was going with the gag and of course, as is usual, all the wittier responses I could have made to him came to me during the interval.

He was right about one thing though. As with rosé, you'll like us if you try us!

2 comments:

Glenn said...

Ahhh, Now I know who he is!

Was said...

Said you'd know him.