Wednesday, 6 April 2011

What a Load of Rubbish!

I never got to introduce them myself but I'm pleased to see the council going ahead with my initiatives:
  • First community based compact fluorescent lightbulb recycling scheme in the UK.
  • Weekly collections for priority areas
  • Kerbside battery recycling
  • Enhanced shopping districts
I also know I can count on Ricky to finish off the work I started on adding mixed plastics, glass and food waste to recycling streams in the face of continuing Labour opposition and the moronic contractual straight-jacket they left Reading with.

Of course, I need to thank council officers for their excellent work and support in working my ideas into real and practical initiatives, so thanks peeps.

I wish Ricky all the best. It is a monster of a portfolio but one where you can make the most difference.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

When do the weekly collections start, and what are the priority areas?

Jane Griffiths said...

"moronic"! yay!

Was said...

First it needs to be passsed by cabinet (next Monday)

Then there will be a consultation with residents.