Thursday, 30 June 2011

How RBC Works - Part 287

I and my ward collegues had been working on an ongoing parking issue on behalf of local residents. After no response from the council I quite reasonably asked for an update to see where it had got to.

On the 18th April I sent in my query.
It wasn't logged on the system until the 28th April
It wasn't allocated to a case officer in the transport department until the 12th May.
The officer didn't respond until the 28th June
I was sent a response to it today.

In the meantime the issue I raised has appeared on Labour propaganda claiming it was they "what did it". Complete balderdash as it was a previous decision made after lobbying from Lib Dem councillors but I expect nothing less from them.

If I was a cynic I'd say that this delay was quite deliberate.

Luckily I'm not a cynic, I'm a skeptic.

No comments: